Posted by Doyle Bailey for Tour Natchitoches with Barbara
“Steel Magnolias”, Barbara’s Most Popular Tour
STEEL MAGNOLIAS QUIZ AND TRIVIA:
1. Name the State where the movie was filmed. (a) Texas, (b) Louisiana, (c) Mississippi, (d) Oklahoma
2. What was Shelby’s occupation?(a) pediatric nurse , (b) ER Tech, (3) radiologist, (d) Lab Tech
3. At what time of the year does the movie open? (a) Spring, (b) Summer, (c) Fall, (d) Winter
4 What job does Jackson have? (a) city councilman, (b) construction worker, (c) doctor, (d) lawyer
5. Who plays the role of the minister who marries Jackson and Shelby? (a) the director, Herbert Ross, (b) Daryl Hannah, (c) the writer Robert Harling, (d) Dylan McDermott’s father
6. What was Shelby’s medical problem? (a) irregular heartbeat, (b) obsession wit pink, (c) diabetes, (d) leukemia
7 . Finish Truvey’s statement: “There is no such thing as_____________. (a) too much shopping, (b) better than chocolate (c) natural beauty (d) love at first sight
8. Finish Claree’s statement to Quiser: “You know that I love you more than _________.” (a) my no good ex -husband, (b) my luggage, (c) dog, (d) all my money
9. What was Jackson’s groom cake? (a) an armadillo, (b) a heart, (c) a turkey, (d) moose head with antlers
10. What children’s activity took place in the last scene of movie? (a) scavenger hunt, (b) Easter egg hunt, (c) deer hunt, (d) treasure hunt
Answers below; no, no, Don’t peek!
“Steel Magnolias” House
Answers to Quiz: (as if you needed them!)1. Louisiana, 2. pediatric nurse, 3. Spring (Easter), 4. lawyer, 5. the writer, Robert Harling, 6. diabetes, 7. natural beauty, 8. my luggage, 9. an armadillo, 10. Easter egg hunt
Now a tougher question: The author of “Steel Magnolias” brackets the story with beginning and ending Easter scenes. Why do you feel the story of strong women supporting each other and the the concept “of laughter through tears” is framed from Easter to Easter? Please comment below and share your thoughts.
Now here are three Things you might want to do:
(1) Call, Email or text Barbara today and schedule your Steel Magnolias Tour. The tour is customized for you and your group. Some have been in less than a half hour from her receiving the call. The tour is most affordable. Ask for a quote.
(2) If you have time, get your group together and watch the movie again (or for the first time). It seems to never get old
.(3) Get your self and your group to Natchitoches and Tour Natchitoches with Barbara .Visit the filming site of the classic movie and hear the true stories of the real family upon which the hit off-Broadway play and movie is based.
The French Came to Natchitoches in 1714.
Now It’s Your Turn.
Plan a Romantic Weekend Getaway in Historic Natchitoches, Louisiana.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation has just announced that the Natchitoches Historic District is one of the Five Most Romantic Main Streets in the United States. Here is what they had to say about Front Street in Natchitoches. “What do Main Streets have that the malls don’t? Atmosphere… History… Romance. They’re the place to go for unique experiences. Candle-lit restaurants, unique wedding destinations, charming streets for strolls, intimate wine-tasting rooms, quaint B&Bs, special historic spots — these are just a few of the things that make Main Street districts a romantic destination. This year, we scoured the nation to find the Most Romantic.”
Stay in a downtown Inn or a beautifully furnished century old Bed and Breakfast home. Dine on local Cajun and Creole cuisine. Enjoy a Steel Magnolias Tour of the filming sites of the movie and a visit to a French Creole Plantation when you Tour Natchitoches with Barbara.
To schedule a Tour or for help with lodging or meals call, text or email:
318-663-5468 (call or text)